Newman, IL: Longview Capital Corporation is a closely held multibank holding company dedicated to serving rural areas of central Illinois and West Central Indiana. For over a decade, Longview Capital has relied upon CSFi to provide the most advanced technology available to support the connection between their Precision core banking systems and EFT networks.
The virtual implementation of their EMV compliant upgrade from EZswitch® Plus to EZswitch® G4 benefits both the cardholder experience and the bottom line by taking advantage of the latest EZswitch 4.0 enhancements.
EZswitch G4 base system functionalities include online ATM/debit issuer authorizations, real-time online card maintenance (OLCM) updates, single point of card maintenance entry as well as an expanding menu of additional features and options reducing fraud losses and streamlining management of debit card operations:
- G4 Web-based Apps real-time transaction and cardholder research and reporting, full system monitoring and job/task schedule managing
- FraudBlock™ integrated, rules-based, real-time fraud detection and prevention system
- Sentinel™ II Alert Notification System providing unattended monitoring of ATM’s, core system interface EFT connections and more
- Support for Cardholder Alerts via email and SMS-text
- On-demand ATM/EFT Network Denial Rules
- ATM Inactivity Alerts
- Stand-in authorization using a positive balance file (PBF) and/or card limits
- Secure, single point of card maintenance entry
- System health check monitoring including all connections and database status
- Reconciliation subsystem
- Advanced “drill down” capability for transaction and cardholder research and reporting
- Automated job/task schedule management
- Audits and logs of all user activity and much more….
The G4 web-based apps intuitive navigational tools enable every user to easily employ the new system’s full capabilities; including at-a-glance real time system wide monitoring and advanced card maintenance and transaction research and reporting.
Register now at CSFi.com to enable access to our web resources. Gain access to brochures, videos and additional information describing the features and benefits of EZswitch®, G4, EMV support, FraudBlock™, Virtualization and our entire suite of products, services and solutions.
CSFi High Availability and Disaster Recovery Solutions (HADR)
Operating in today’s round the clock global economy, means mission critical applications cannot afford to be off-line for even a small period of time. Natural disasters and increasing requirements for 24/7 operations means the need for high availability solutions is greater than ever before.
CSFi’s high availability support solutions offer a variety of proprietary in-house options for increasing system efficiency and reducing downtime…because, stable system operations and maximized up-time are vital to the success of any large-scale banking operation.
What is High Availability?
High availability is a term used by the IT industry to describe the accessibility and up-time of critical application environments.
System outages increase the total cost of IT ownership, cause potential damage to client relationships, brand reputation and loss of revenue. Financial institutions cannot afford to allow disruption of any critical delivery channels, including SWITCHWARE® or EZswitch®.
High availability is a key component of effective disaster recovery and system resiliency. While hardware has become highly reliable, unplanned outages do occur and typically result from operator error, environmental conditions and other non-hardware related factors—problems that reliable hardware cannot prevent.
In-house disaster recovery solutions make economic sense, and give you greater control over your systems environment…More than ever, financial institutions are moving towards their in-house disaster recovery operations based on continuous data replication between geographically dispersed locations. Modern disaster recovery solutions require both geographic dispersion and recovery point objectives. Pending compliance mandates will likely require your IT department to prove periodically that you can recover operations at a remote facility.
Recent reductions in cost and improved ease of use have made downtime reducing technologies including modern cloud-based disaster recovery more accessible than ever…Even small and mid-sized companies can now afford the “luxury” of real-time, offsite data protection, as well as rapid and complete data recovery.
|CSFi HADR solutions…meeting the challenge:|
|● Out-of-the-box support for all major applications, databases and replication technologies across heterogeneous physical and virtual platforms|
● Ensures consistent business continuity process across data and applications
● Protects against application, network, or storage failures
● Handles increased management complexity from multiple vendor-specific tools that work in a virtual or physical environment
● Automates and accelerates recovery from unforeseen errors
● Enables non-disruptive high availability testing and more…
● Integrated extension of your host operating system technology
● Ease of management
● Ease of deployment
High Availability and Disaster Recovery Planning
CSFi can help evaluate your unique business continuity risks and challenges. We will explain the fundamental concepts of high availability, present key considerations, and make suggestions critical to choosing the right high availability and disaster recovery strategy for your business environment.
Consult with a CSFi representative
Keep your G4 payment processing platform optimized with latest updates from CSFi. With Version 1.4 just released and V 1.5 just around the corner it pays to stay abreast of the latest developments.
Version 1.4 enhancements and improvements include:
● Additional and enhanced Network Status Icons
● Enhanced ATM load, Unload and Reload Commands
● Creation of a General Ledger Tab for ATM records
● Added “General Notes” section to ATM records
● And much more…
The ECB Lays Down the Law
To protect the integrity of EURO banknotes, the European Central Bank (ECB) has issued mandates describing currency management protocols.
The ECB measures are deemed necessary to protect Euro banknotes against counterfeiting and require ATM operators within the Euro area to withdraw from circulation all Euro banknotes known or suspected to be counterfeit.
ECB Article 6 Terms of Reference provides details of different note categories, how each is defined and handled, and actions to be taken regarding the traceability of banknotes classified as, or suspected to be, counterfeit.
CSFi and SWITCHWARE® already support ECB certified NCR cash deposit solutions compliant with Article 6 of the European Central Bank (ECB) Council Regulations. Support for Diebold Nixdorf solutions, once certified, is imminent.
SWITCHWARE support for both NCR and Diebold Nixdorf solutions includes customizable ATM Electronic Journal and customer receipt mnemonics accounting for all notes seized at the ATM.
Globally established as a safe, highly secure and popular payment method, more and more merchant payment terminals include a contactless payment symbol indicating that NFC payments can be made at the terminal.
Contactless or Near Field Communication (NFC) payment methods include bank issued debit/credit contactless cards, key fobs, mobile devices (using Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Google Pay, Fitbit Pay, etc.) or any financial institution’s mobile application with contactless support.
Faster and more secure than transactions performed using dip or swipe contact cards, contactless NFC transactions are performed by consumers placing a contactless card or device within two inches of a contactless device to initiate their payment. While Contactless payment transactions have the same protection as chip and PIN payments, a contactless NFC transaction can be conducted without entering a PIN which has some inherent risks associated with it.
SWITCHWARE® support of contactless payment transactions allows for the unique identification of contactless transactions from acquiring payment terminals. By identifying these transactions, SWITCHWARE allows financial institutions to implement customized cardholder transaction limits, including daily, and per transaction PIN-less limits on NFC transactions purchases and withdrawals.
When these limits are reached, the financial institution has the ability to reject the transaction authorization request or force the cardholder to perform a “contact” transaction with a PIN reducing fraud and mitigating risk. In some regions of the world, including Europe), Visa and MasterCard are also supporting more stringent measures for tracking and managing contactless transactions. Under the more stringent measures, once a Low Value Transaction (LVT) limit is reached (established by the card issuer), the issuer can respond with a specific decline code instructing the cardholder to enter a PIN on a PIN entry device (PED) instead of requiring an additional tap at the PED or the need to perform a chip and PIN transaction.
Boubyan Bank and Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank are now live with SWITCHWARE® SSL/TLS Encryption for their networks of NCR ANDC-driven ATMs. As the only SSL/TLS solution fully integrated with SWITCHWARE, both Banks now rely upon CSFi’s SSL/TLS solution for end to end encryption between SWITCHWARE and all connected devices. CSFi strongly recommends that customers make the move to TLS 1.2 as soon as possible.
Encrypting All Endpoints is the Key
The most important aspect of securing the communications channel for an ATM is to maintain high levels of availability which banks expect from their ATM network. Using SSL/TLS 1.2 provides a secure means to satisfy PCI requirements for encrypting transmission of cardholder data across open, public networks.
SWITCHWARE® SSL/TLS provides a way to encrypt all communications between the ATM and the host. This security measure is essential to meeting the mandated standards set by the PCI Security Standards Council specifically for ATMs located in open, public networks. NCR Secure TLS Communications products can be used in conjunction with CSFi’s SSL/TLS feature to provide total encryption for your ATM network.
|SWITCHWARE® SSL/TLS functions:|
|● Endpoint authentication of data delivery|
● SSL data encryption confidentiality
● Message integrity and validation
● Certificate verification between endpoints (ATMs and SWITCHWARE®)
|The benefits of CSFi’s SSL/TLS solutions over other solutions:|
|● The only SSL/TLS solution fully integrated with SWITCHWARE®|
● No additional hardware acquisitions or purchases required to operate
● Fewer operational components equals less complexity
● A single system required for the initial setup and all future management
● Fits into existing high availability deployment and architecture
● No third party interfaces required between the ATM network and SWITCHWARE
● No third party interfaces required to be licensed
● No additional third parties required for support
● Eliminate the impersonation of an endpoint (ATM, POS, network, etc.)
● Secure the contents of the message using encryption
● Provide fast and reliable data security
● Ensure data values have not been manipulated
● Prevent SSL replay attacks, truncation attacks and SSL key renegotiation
● Avoid very costly data breaches and resulting loss of reputation
● Maintain customer confidence in your ATM delivery channel
● Avoid clear data in your private network when using a third party solution
The Demand for Encrypted Communications
There are many reasons financial institutions should use encrypted communications. Protection against logical attacks against ATMs is among them.
|SSL/TLS encryption has proven effective in protecting against:|
|● Man-in-the-Middle Attack|
● Network Cable Skimming Attack
● Host Emulation Attack
● Replay Attack
● Truncation Attack
Contact your CSFi account executive to arrange for a review of your ATM data security protocols. Ensure that they conform to industry best practices for secure communications.
Designed to streamline the management and monitoring of card initiated transactions, MEMA (Modified Exponential Moving Average) is CSFi’s proprietary tool allowing users to set and track threshold values on void code occurrences.
Preinstalled in every version of SWITCHWARE® powerful MEMA functionalities enhance the cardholder experience by ensuring financial institutions are aware of potential problems before they receive a customer call. Alerts can be sent to designated staff or third party agents at specific times depending on the type and severity of issue detected. Alerts will be escalated until the condition is resolved.
How does it work?
MEMA allows customized configuration of void code tracking and alert parameters. Implementation of MEMA functionality enables real-time tracking, analysis and proactive resolution of individual or grouped decline code occurrences. When specified code occurrences exceed thresholds, alert messages can be sent to designated recipients through the Sentinel™ Alert Notification System.
Users can combine void codes, frequency and authorizer information to pinpoint and rectify problems impacting the revenue stream and customer experience important to every financial institution.
How to Implement MEMA in SWITCHWARE®
As MEMA is preinstalled with SWITCHWARE, there are no additional scripts or procedures required. MEMA rules and alert parameters are configured using SWITCHWARE’s system manager client application.
Functions & Benefits:
- Proactive system monitoring and void code pattern detection
- User-defined customizable alert thresholds
- Real-time pattern detection
- Staff can be notified of impending problems before customers are affected
- Proactive measures can be taken to insulate customers from potentially widespread problems
- Alert notification of recurring void code patterns when using Sentinel™
For more information on how MEMA implementation can benefit your operating environment, Register now and Contact Us at CSFi.com. Once registered, users have access to brochures, videos and additional information describing the features and benefits of SWITCHWARE® and our entire suite of products, services and solutions.
In order to streamline operations and simplify monitoring and management of today’s and tomorrow’s payments technologies, Boubyan Bank is live with G4 Web-based applications as the new front end interface for their existing SWITCHWARE® payment authorization and transaction switching system.
Since its inception in 2004, Boubyan Bank has been recognized for its customer service excellence, rapid growth and cutting-edge digital banking facilities. Since 2011 the bank has relied upon CSFi to streamline management of their ATMs and debit card issuing and acquiring environment and is now taking advantage of G4 Web-based apps to further lower costs, boost revenues, and improve operational efficiency.
G4 Web-based Applications
Providing the bank with powerful tools for managing their system, the G4 Web-based “at-a glance” view of the entire debit payment network includes intuitive navigation tools and “hover-over” and “drill-down” research capabilities. Customers taking advantage of G4 report exponential improvement in ease of use, transaction processing management and general system control including:
- Real-time ATM Monitoring
- Real-time full system monitoring of all connections and database status
- Real-time advanced “drill down” transaction and cardholder research and reporting
- Automated routine job/task scheduling and management
- Secure, single point of sign-on for multiple users with customized roles and permissions
- Advanced card maintenance and transaction research reporting
- Automated routine job/task scheduling and management
- Secure, single point of sign-on for multiple users with customized roles and permissions
The ability to accommodate the latest innovations in profit maximizing technology is more important than ever. Contact CSFi to learn more about incorporating the transaction processing power, scalability and functionalities of SWITCHWARE® with G4 Web-based Apps in your unique ATM operating environment.
Bank Customer expectations have never been higher. Around the world, more cash is in circulation than ever before and remains a primary method of payment in most countries.
Ever Visit the ATM and Been Frustrated it Dispenses Nothing but Twenties?
Convenient access to cash in customer preferred denominations is made possible by multi-denomination dispensing ATMs…some even dispense coins. Whether you need a small or large sum of money, customized note dispensing at the ATM can make your day.
SWITCHWARE® Support for Customized Note Dispensing
CSFi’s SWITCHWARE has long supported multi-denomination ATM’s. For banks looking to enhance the cardholder experience while shortening teller lines, it can make a lot of sense.
What Are the Options?
The options can include, at the host banks discretion, dispensation of any mix of available denominations. Available dispensation options (depending on the ATM) can include:
- Fewest number of available notes as a default
- Inclusion of at least one small denomination note
- Host determined fixed denomination break downs for various withdrawal amounts
- Equal number of notes dispensed from each canister
- Customer selection from available notes prior to dispensing.
If a requested mix of denominations is not available, the ATM will default back to a fixed note definition provided by the host.