Thomson, IL: Addressing the need for real-time management capability for their debit card programs and paving the way for future EMV compliant payments processing, Savanna-Thomson State Bank is now live with EZswitch® G4 with Real-time Card Management (RTCM) as their new online interface to their Fiserv Precision core banking system and First Data Star EFT network. The deployment of the new system in a virtualized VMware environment provides the institution with a powerful, secure and scalable end-to-end debit card management solution.
Serving communities located on the banks of the Mississippi River in the heartland of America, the Savanna-Thomson State Bank has a history dating back to 1920 when the Thomson State Bank was originated. In 2002 the Thomson State Bank and the Savanna State Bank merged, changing its name to Savanna-Thomson State Bank. With three branch locations, and over $90 million in assets, its mission is to meet the needs of the market they serve by providing community leadership and quality financial services.
EZswitch G4 provides the bank with a highly customizable and EMV capable solution designed to minimize costs, expand revenue sources, and maximize data and transactional security. Additional system features and options for reducing fraud losses, streamlining management of debit card operations and enhancing the cardholder experience include:
- FraudBlock™ (integrated, rules-based, real-time fraud detection and prevention system)
- Sentinel™ alert notification system (provides unattended monitoring of ATM’s, core system interface, EFT network connection(s) and much more)
- Stand-in authorization using a positive balance file (PBF) and/or card limits (the system will authorize using a PBF or card limits when the host authorizing system is unavailable)
- Secure, single point of card maintenance entry
- ATM inactivity status updates
- System health check monitoring
- Reconciliation subsystem
- Support for Cardholder Alerts via email and SMS-text
- On-demand ATM/EFT network denial rules
- Upgrades to the latest version of Red Hat and IBM Informix Express Database
In order to realize the full revenue potential of their debit card programs, the bank will be utilizing the system’s integrated support for the First Data Star RTCM interface. The real-time tools incorporated into EZswitch G4 will enable the instant identification and leveraging of current trends in card usage and system status that are key to maintaining peak operational efficiency and realization of the full revenue potential of their debit card programs.
In the past, the bank has relied upon sending batch files at the end of the day to update the card record kept on the EFT network. Now, implementing CSFi’s proprietary RTCM solution, any changes to a card record performed from the bank’s core system will instantly flow to EZswitch G4 and on to the First Data Star EFT network.
To learn more, Register now at CSFi.com and enable full access to our web resources. Once registered, users have full access to brochures, videos and additional information fully describing the features and benefits of EZswitch®, G4, EMV support, Virtualization and our entire suite of products, services and solutions.