Manama, Bahrain: Continuing its tradition of providing the highest level of security and convenience for their cardholders, National Bank of Bahrain (NBB) is upgrading to CSFi’s SWITCHWARE® 3.12 and FraudBlock™ real-time, rules-based fraud detection and prevention solution.
Established in 1957 as Bahrain’s first locally owned bank, NBB has grown steadily to become the country’s leading provider of retail and commercial banking services. Market driven and customer led, the bank has consistently harnessed the latest in banking technology to deliver the most advanced, reliable and secure financial products and services available to its retail and corporate customers.
Designed to integrate seamlessly with the bank’s SWITCHWARE® ATM driving and debit card management solution, FraudBlock™ enables the screening of any card originated transactions for suspected fraud. Operating in both real-time and background near-real time modes, the real-time rules based fraud screening occurs during the processing of each transaction enabling the system to stop fraud before it happens.
The dynamic and highly parameterized nature of the system allows construction of unlimited combinations of alert triggers and validation rules. The highly intuitive client interface allows easy configuration and management of the solution to meet both current and future business requirements.
FraudBlock™ features include:
- Real-time transaction processing and authorization
- Blocking at the cardholder level
- Unlimited on-demand network denial rules
- Override features for individual cardholders
- Risky merchant, country and “other” category designations
- Compliance with Visa issuer rules
- Detection of fraud based on card-not-present transactions
- Fraud event alerting via email and SMS-text
- Management of post-action outcomes when a rule violation occurs
- Full client auditing and real-time transaction monitoring and research
- Automatic logging of suspected fraud activity for future review and analysis
- Ability to develop and disseminate ad hoc and canned fraud activity reports
The upgrade to SWITCHWARE® 3.12 and implementation of FraudBlock™ will be achieved using CSFi’s proprietary TotalCARE™ quality assurance testing and migration services. Utilizing a clone and target system to mirror the bank’s existing and future production systems, rigorous testing using proprietary CSFi utilities will certify that all compatibility, OS and application errors are identified prior to migration and ensure flawless performance in the bank’s unique operating environment.
To learn more, Register now at CSFi.com and enable full access to our web resources. Once registered, users have full access to brochures, videos and additional information fully describing the features and benefits of SWITCHWARE®, FraudBlock™, TotalCARE™, Sentinel™, EMV support, and our entire suite of products, services and solutions.