Greenbush, MN: Dedicated to employing the most advanced technology available to provide the best customer experience possible, Border State Bank is upgrading from EZswitch® 2012 to EZswitch® G4 with Real-Time Card Maintenance (RTCM). The new online interface connecting the bank’s Fiserv Precision core banking system to the First Data (Star) EFT network will enable the implementation of a host of new EZswitch features proven to lower costs, boost revenues, and improve operational efficiency.
Established in 1935, the bank has remained dedicated to meeting the evolving banking needs of Minnesota residents and businesses for nearly 83 years. With total assets now exceeding $500 million, the bank continues a long tradition of exceeding customer expectations.
In keeping with that tradition, the upgrade to EZswitch G4 will enable the bank to enhance both operational efficiency and cardholder experience by taking advantage of the latest features and enhancements to EZswitch software. The EZswitch G4 platform provides a highly customizable solution for financial institutions aiming to minimize costs, expand revenue sources, and maximize data and transactional security. The systems features and options for reducing fraud losses and streamlining management of debit card operations include:
- FraudBlock™ integrated, rules-based, real-time fraud detection and prevention system
- Sentinel™ Alert Notification System providing unattended monitoring of ATM’s, core system interface, EFT network connection(s) through email and SMS-text notification
- G4 Web-based Apps real-time transaction and cardholder research and reporting, full system monitoring and automated job/task schedule managing
- Support for Cardholder Alerts via email and SMS-text
- On-demand ATM/EFT Network Denial Rules for immediate protection against a wide range of fraud sources
- Stand-in authorization using a positive balance file (PBF) and/or card limits (the system will authorize using a PBF or card limits when the host authorizing system is unavailable)
- Secure, single point of card maintenance entry
- Advanced “drill down” capability for transaction and cardholder research and reporting
- Reconciliation subsystem
- System health check monitoring including all connections and database status
- Automated job/task schedule management
- Audits and logs of all user activity and much more…
Additionally, the VMware installation will include integrated support for full EMV functionality and utilize CSFi’s First Data Star Real-Time Card Maintenance (RTCM) interface. In the past, the bank has relied upon sending batch files at the end of the day to update the card record kept on the EFT network. Now, implementing the CSFi RTCM module, any changes to a card record performed from the bank’s core system will instantly flow to CSFi’s EZswitch software and on to the First Data Star EFT network.
RTCM enables instant access to debit card information and activity and the leveraging of trends in card usage essential to maintaining peak operational efficiency of debit card programs including:
- Current account activity and balances
- Account transfers
- Debit card activations
- Changes in personal cardholder preferences
- Interchange fee generation
- Suspicious or fraudulent activity
The new G4 front end, providing an at-a-glance view of the switch network and intuitive navigation and research tools, will allow authorized users easy access to the powerful system’s full capabilities including:
- Real-time transaction and cardholder research and reporting with “drill down” capability
- Real-time full system monitoring of all connections and database status
- Simplified automation of routine job/task scheduling and management
- Secure, single point of sign-on for multiple users with customizable roles and permissions and more
In addition to driving increased card based revenues, the upgrade will enhance the cardholder experience with real-time balance updates, speedy resolution of transactional disputes, stand-in processing, and support for many additional options and features including CSFi’s FraudBlock™ real-time, rules based fraud detection and prevention solution.
To learn more, Register now at CSFi.com and enable full access to our web resources. Once registered, users have full access to brochures, videos and additional information fully describing the features and benefits of EZswitch®, G4, Sentinel™, FraudBlock™, EMV support, and our entire suite of products, services and solutions.