Message Control Subsystem
VOLTDS® is a network control and transaction distribution software module that provides message delivery functions for the SWITCHWARE® and EZswitch® applications allowing them to communicate with external nodes in the network including ATM’s, POS devices, switch networks and a core system. VOLTDS® also manages the overhead associated with coordinating communication requirements between the application and the external nodes. It accomplishes this using a library of device drivers, with each driver associated with a supported communication protocol.
A browser-based graphical user interface provides detailed monitoring and online information for all nodes in the network. It also provides network and application maintenance plus audit and event log review.
- Message delivery manager
- Strips protocol from messages
- Supports multiple protocol types
- Dynamic networking
- ODBC interface support
- Browser-based GUI user interface
- Manages EFT network and node definitions
- Enables API functions
What does VOLTDS® provide?
- A high-performance framework for building business critical online transaction processing (OLTP) applications.
- API functions that enable online application program development without intricate network programming.
- A threaded architecture that uses less memory and improves scalability.
- Uses a smart thread pool which optimizes system performance by dynamically allocating or freeing threads.
- Takes automatic corrective actions to maximize network up-time and reduce the need for operator intervention.
- Includes a browser-based interface to provide network and application maintenance as well as the monitoring of maintenance audit trails and event logs.
- SOAP XML
- Sonic MQ
- Websphere MQ
NOTE: Legacy protocol support is provided using various partner gateway products.