Message Control Subsystem
VOLTDS® is a network control and transaction distribution software module that provides message delivery functions for the SWITCHWARE® and EZswitch® applications allowing them to communicate with external nodes in the network including ATM's, POS devices, switch networks and a core system. VOLTDS® also manages the overhead associated with coordinating communication requirements between the application and the external nodes. It accomplishes this using a library of device drivers, with each driver associated with a supported communication protocol.
A browser-based graphical user interface provides detailed monitoring and on-line information for all nodes in the network. It also provides network and application maintenance plus audit and event log review.
- Message delivery manager
- Strips protocol from messages
- Supports multiple protocol types
- Dynamic networking
- ODBC interface support
- Browser-based GUI user interface
- Manages EFT network and node definitions
- Enables API functions
- Provides a high-performance framework for building business critical on-line transaction processing (OLTP) applications.
- API functions enable online application program development without intricate network programming.
- The threaded architecture uses less memory and improves scalability.
- The use of a smart thread pool optimizes system performance by dynamically allocating or freeing threads.
- Automatic corrective actions maximize network uptime and reduce the need for operator intervention.
- A browser-based interface provides network and application maintenance as well as the monitoring of maintenance audit trails and event logs.