Online ATM and Debit Issuer System
EZswitch® is an ATM/debit middleware system that provides an interface to a core banking system and an interface to an ATM/EFT network1 that supports an on-line authorization channel for ATM and debit issuer transactions. The solution may operate on either a CSFi-supplied server or a virtualized (VMware) environment. The core system will perform transaction authorizations using the current balances and when unavailable EZswitch can perform stand-in authorization using a combination of card limits and a positive balance file (PBF). The PBF can be updated using one of two methods: the first method is through a real-time update as ATM/debit issuer transactions are processed and the second method is a full update from the core system that may be performed multiple times throughout the day.
Core Banking Systems
CSFi partners with core providers, such as Fiserv Precision, Jack Henry & Associates and Harland Financial Solutions to provide turnkey ATM/debit issuer solutions. Learn more about how we support integrated solutions with one of the specific core providers:
Features and Options
EZswitch offers several features and options to choose from. The base system provides standard functions including on-line ATM/debit issuer authorizations, real-time on-line card maintenance (OLCM) updates (for Precision only), single point of card maintenance entry where a card maintenance batch file (CMBF) is transmitted to the ATM/EFT network, and stand-in authorization using a positive balance file (in addition to using card limits). Optional added features include system-wide alert notification, multi-institution support, multiple ATM/EFT network connections, and more.
System Integration Services
CSFi provides project coordination, system setup, training, and remote live conversion assistance. In addition to the system parameterization and setup, CSFi also assists customers with certifying with the ATM/EFT network, including transaction processing and sending the card maintenance batch file.
CSFi provides technical support services using the Comprehensive Action and Resolution Environment (CARE™) plan that includes access to CSFi's technical support during normal business hours. In addition to the CARE™ plan, customers may subscribe to an After Hours Support plan (Bronze, Silver, or Gold).
TotalCARE™ offers system diagnosis and performance analysis professional services.
|The base system provides a real-time interface for transactions sent from an ATM/EFT network to a host authorizing system for a single institution with a single authorization interface.|
Support for multiple host authorizer connections and multiple institutions.
|Multiple network connections.
Support for connecting to more than one ATM/EFT network.
|EZswitch lite option. New!
A lite option that only provides online transaction processing without single point of card maintenance or CMBF support.
|Virtual implementation. New!
Implement EZswitch in a VMware ESX virtual machine to eliminate server hardware and streamline support for multiple applications running in the data center. Read more...
|FraudBlock™ real-time fraud detection and prevention system. New!
Rules-based fraud detection and protection for all issuer-based transactions received from the ATM/EFT network, in real-time and prior to authorization. Read more...
|Second power supply for rack mount servers.
Redundant power supplies added to the rack mounted server to mitigate undesirable system outages.
|Sentinel alert notification system.
Real-time email and SMS-text alerts for events such as the authorization link to the host authorizer being unavailable, or the connection to the network being disrupted. Read more...
|RSS replication and backup.5
Using IBM Informix RSS replication, the EZswitch system can perform real-time data replication to an offsite backup/disaster recovery server. Read more...
1. View the full list of supported network/switch interfaces.
2.The ATM/EFT network’s CMBF format must be supported.
3.Requires a raw data file from your ATM/EFT network.
4.Alert notifications require Sentinel™.
5.Some solutions require an upgraded version of the database software.
- On-line ATM/debit interface to your core banking system
- Immediate memo posting of ATM and debit issuer transactions
- On-line interface to your ATM/EFT network of choice (click here for full list)
- Stand-in authorization (using card limits) and a positive balance file with current balances
- Separation of transaction amount from service charge for backend fee handling
- Transaction logging and electronic queries
- A reconciliation subsystem for reconciling transactions with your ATM/EFT network
(See a demonstration of the Reconciliation Subsystem) (Secure File)
- On demand ATM/EFT network denial rules
- ATM inactivity status updates (Sentinel required for alerts)
- System health check monitoring
- Single point of card maintenance entry available
- Multi-institution and Network support available
- Sentinel alert notification available
- ATM and debit transactions are authorized using current balances
- ATM and debit transactions are immediately reflected in other bank systems
- Eliminate your exposure by authorizing transactions against current account balances.
- The flexibility to change ATM/EFT network providers seamlessly without impacting the the core authorization interface
- Single point of card maintenance entry reduces the total number of entry points and avoids errors attributable to entering the data in multiple places
- If the core system is unavailable, the system can perform stand-in authorization that could lead to substantial cost savings when compared to your ATM/EFT network provider being required to stand-in.
- The automated alert system provides immediate notification of events that can cause disruption to customer service or events that result in financial impact to your financial institution (e.g., stand-in processing by the ATM/EFT network)
- Monitoring of extended periods of ATM inactivity so remedial procedures can be immediately instituted
- System health check monitoring for performance and capacity planning
- Fraud detection and prevention to protect customers and reduce losses