Financial institutions using SWITCHWARE® to drive their ATMs, can offer "no envelope" cash and check deposits to their customers. No envelope deposits eliminate paper envelope stocking at the ATM and provide your customers with increased confidence to conduct deposit transactions at the ATM. The increased levels of confidence are a result of the customer being presented with an electronic image of the check on the ATM's screen and a summation of the cash deposited and a printed image of the check on their ATM receipt. Accepting checks electronically also results in faster check clearing times and streamlines the deposit verification process when using a back office consolidation server.
Not depicted in the above diagram is the ATM manaufactuer's consolidation server that receives raw check data and images directly from the ATM (SWITCHWARE® is not involved in this process). The data received from the ATM can be viewed on the consolidation server and then sent to the back office check processing system for posting or sent for external clearing.
- "No envelope" cash and check deposits accepted at the ATM
- Diebold, NCR and Wincor ATM (BNA and CDM) support
- ATM vendors supply a consolidation server that provides check viewing, posting and clearing functions
- Envelopes are no longer required for deposit transactions
- Faster validation of deposit made
- Faster check clearing
- Greater consumer confidence to make deposits
- Cardholder now sees an image of the cash and check(s) deposited
- Cardholder receives a printed receipt validating the items deposited
- Progressive ATM functions attract new, younger customers